Avis Glaze og Pasi Sahlberg, September 2018
Stiftelsen IMTEC og Skolelederforbundet inviterer:
Skoleledelse som virker; Hva kan vi lære av internasjonale skoleforskere?
Avis Glaze og Pasi Sahlberg. Begge har vært sentrale i arbeidet med å heve kvaliteten og bedre resultatene sine respektive lands skolesystemer. På seminaret deler de perspektiver fra sine siste bøker «Reaching the heart of leadership» (Avis) og «FinnishED Lessons» (Pasi).
Målgruppe for seminaret er skoleledere, skoleeiere, lærere, lærerutdannere og andre med interesse for utdanningsfeltet. Skoler oppfordres til å delta med både ledelse og tillitsvalgte/lærere.
”FinnishEd leadership” fokuserer på profesjonelle læringsfellesskap med samarbeid og deling av kunnskap mellom lærere, mellom skoler, mellom distrikter og mellom nasjoner. Sahlbergs hovedpoeng er:
a) de beste ideene fra fortiden må kombineres med muligheter og visjoner for fremtiden,
b) ‘hard evidence’ må balanseres med personlige fortellinger fra utdanningshverdager, dvs. at regional, nasjonal og internasjonal statistikk må kombineres med data fra deltakende observasjon, uformell samhandling, profesjonell visdom og klasseromserfaringer.
”Reaching the Heart of Leadership” reflekterer over og identifiserer nøkkelpunkter i Avis Glaze’s syn på godt lederskap:
a) både hjerter og hoder må utdannes,
b) moralsk sinne er på sin plass når viktige verdier krenkes,
c) marginaliserte elever må vies særlig oppmerksomhet, og
d) alle utdanningsledere må utvikle sine ferdigheter til å påvirke politiske beslutninger, menneskerettigheter, rettferdighet og inkluderende utdanning.
Avis Glaze – september 2018
Dr. Glaze encourages those who work closest to students to embrace idealism about human nature and potential. Qualities such as empathy, respect, genuineness, integrity, and optimism are discussed as trademarks of those who reach the heart of leadership. These are not simply the ‘soft skills” as they are often described. They are the hard skills to learn. They determine the culture of and modus operandi within work settings. Because of their importance, they must be embedded in the fabric of all organizations.
Reaching the Heart of Leadership; Lessons Learned, Insights Gained, Actions
- This book encourages educators to:
- acknowledge our efforts, identify our successes, determine what remains to be done, and direct our energies towards reaching new heights of leadership effectiveness.
- accentuate and strengthen the bonds of trust that we must forge as leaders.
- It is about having a worldview that eschews neutrality, myopia and false dichotomies.
- It identifies the need to avoid certainty and, instead, become leaders who are nimble and flexible.
- It requires the ability to ignite the intellectual curiosity and “other directedness” of those who have chosen to prepare students to be citizens in an increasingly interdependent world – students who think critically, analytically and strategically; who feel deeply, passionately and empathically and who act wisely, decisively and ethically.
- To adopt an inside-out approach to increase their leadership effectiveness by developing increased self-knowledge and the honing of a constellation of specific attributes, dispositions and interpersonal competencies that are essential for those who aspire to or are in leadership roles today.
- It means getting in touch with our values, conditioning, implicit biases, prejudices and ways of seeing the world.
- It means refining our theory of human nature and what it takes to inspire and motivate others to act.
- It is about having the courage to break down barriers so that others achieve their potential.
- It is essentially about having moral courage and authority – the sine qua non of 21at century leadership.
Pasi September 2018
International benchmarking in education can help us to understand better our own practices and beliefs, but it can also lead to simplistic solutions and myths about what makes other education systems succeed. This presentation is about educational leadership in Finland and what makes it often different from most others. First part of this session explores some urban legends about Finland’s education system busting some prevalent and harmful myths related to leadership and teaching in Finland. Second part offers some practical and generally useful ideas that could inspire educational leaders in Norway to strengthen educational improvement and leadership in their schools. The last part includes some research-based reminders for those who plan to move ahead in their leadership work with adopted models or solutions from Finland or any other country.
FinnishEd leadership is about the need to build deeper professionalism and create more collaborative cultures in and around schools. It speaks for lateral learning between one teacher and another, one school and another, one district and another, and one nation and another. It also suggests using the best ideas of the past blended with opportunities and vision of the future. Educational leadership in Finnish schools, districts, and at the national level is about balancing hard evidence and personal storytelling – or big data and small data. Hard evidence is about figures in international studies, numbers in school report cards, statistics in national databases, and research findings that inform education authorities and school leaders about the state of the education system. Storytelling is often as important as hard data. It is about personal observations, informal interactions, professional wisdom, and focused collective experiences found in classrooms, schools and communities. Big Data can be helpful in understanding whether events and elements in schools and classrooms are linked to one another. Stories told by other school leaders can inform about how to move forward in our own school settings.
17.09.18 Radisson Blu Hotel Tromsø
18.09.18 Radisson Blu Ålesund
20.09.18 Scandic Ambassadeur Drammen
Program 21.09.2018 København, finder du her
Kl. 08.30 – 09.00 Registrering
Kl. 09.00 – 16.00 Seminar
Medlemmer av Skolelederforbundet
Før 20.06.18 Kr. 1.700,- eks.mva
(inkl.mva Kr. 2.125,-)
Etter 20.06.18 Kr. 2.100,- eks.mva
(inkl.mva Kr. 2.625,-)
Før 20.06.18 Kr. 2.100,- eks.mva
(inkl.mva Kr. 2.625,-)
Etter 20.06.18 Kr. 2.500,- eks.mva
(inkl.mva Kr. 3.125,-)
Grupperabatt ved mer enn 10 påmeldte i samme bestilling: Kr. 1.700,- eks.mva
(inkl.mva Kr. 2.125,-)